Sunday, October 28, 2012

Awaiting the Storm

Later this evening we are anticipating Hurricane Sandy hitting us. In preparation, Chaya and Esther have spent the entire day posing for the camera. Typically, the two of them don't get along too well (they are polar opposites of each other; Esther is unpredictable and intuitive, Chaya is more logical and conformist). Regardless, they managed to put their differences aside and had a enjoyable afternoon with each other. 


                                                 One of my favorite group photos of them! 





Today is Sunday, and yesterday Chaya and Esther had both changed out of their "Meet" outfits and into their better Shabbat clothes. Esther wore Miriam's outfit, which was slightly surprising because Esther simply adores pink, floral tones and other light hues. Despite being very picky when it comes to clothes, she had to agree with everyone that mauve and brown looks simply gorgeous on her!
Chaya wore blue- her favorite color! Her outfit did seem better fit for spring weather, and not so much for this cold October morning, but regardless, Chaya looked equally gorgeous as Esther.



                               Simple, Yet Cute

Of course, nothing completes the look more than the HAIR! With the help of Esther, Chaya was able to style a sophisticated and easy hair style that fit her perfectly. Because their hair is rooted synthetic, it was treated differently from an American Girl and other 18" dolls. I used a spray bottle to wet their hair, and then used a plastic-toothed hairbrush (the same one I use for my hair) to comb it. As I previously mentioned, Lotus Onda dolls have rooted hair; meaning, just like most rooted hair wigs, they can easily get bald spots when you style their hair. Chaya and Esther have different types of hair (Esther's is textured) and they have bald spots in different areas. For Chaya's hair, I simply took the front strand of hair on both sides of her face, and clipped it back. She has a bald spot close to the hair line, if you look closely enough at the photo you might see it. However, it is not too noticeable and I am overall very happy with how her hair turned out.



Our Newest Member! Esther's hair, however, was only brushed and cleaned. After attempts of braids and pigtails, Esther decided to go natural. Her hair is textured differently from Chaya's (obviously), and I'm content with the ponytail she came with. Esther is my newest addition to my blooming collection; I received her August 21st, and I have very few photographs of her. She has not been changed much, occasionally from the outfit she came in, to the Pink Plaid sweater skirt, and finally to Miriam's outfit. Regardless, she gives a bit of uniqueness to my collection; Esther Abaynesh is one of my favorite dolls. As my second Gali Girl, she adds companionship to Chaya, and I regard her as one of the most beautiful Lotus dolls.







Well, now we are just sitting home and anticipating Sandy. School is cancelled for tomorrow, except I have work. Hopefully it won't become an exact re-run of last year. I'm not gonna be particularly fond of loosing power for 12 days again.

No comments:

Post a Comment